Accessibility without compromise.
This historic church was built in 1900 and has served the congregation well. In 1960 an addition was built to include two floors of classroom spaces toward the rear of the church, behind a stone façade. The two story construction, so typical of this era, provides challenges for the disabled and for funerary functions of the church. Additionally the heating equipment and electrical infrastructure had outlived their useful life.
A master plan helped the congregation to prioritize and fund-raise to continue the building maintenance program they started a few years earlier. A new HVAC system and electrical service will help this historic building to serve the congregation for generations to come.
An addition to the building will include a new elevator which will provide access to all levels. A sensitive approach to this historic church is required to ensure the historic character is preserved. The church is located in the historic district and is a significant contributing structure.